Tuesday morning details

I went home around 3 am to get Beth some more clothes; I got back around 6:00 am to find that she had already been taken down for the CT scan. “The IV guy” was also in, to give her two IV lines in her arms, so that she can continue to get her antibiotics and her blood and platelets for the next two days. Just a few minutes ago, the nurse removed the central line (photos soon), but they have to wait two days before putting in another one. Her BP is 159/89, and temperature is 37.9 C (100.2 F). They’ve given her IV morphine for the headache, which is still there, and they do not expect she will be able to go home today.

… and then some …

This seems like one of those avoidable frustrations, that you can’t really say you could have avoided, but at least, it seems that way. I can’t say for sure, but it seems as if Beth will be at West Penn for at least another day. She really enjoyed the Italian Ice they brought her for lunch yesterday. So when I stopped in to visit her last night, I brought her one of those Icee/Slurpee cherry drinks. I think she got too much sugar drinking it, and she ended up having a headache over night. The doctor came in around 3:00 am and checked her over, and ordered a CT scan “just to be sure”. So that may push her catheter removal/replacement back, and also her departure from the hospital.