She has two viral infections, BK virus and CMV virus. She’s getting the following treatment:
- Reduce immune-suppression (anti-rejection) medications to allow her own (donor-created) immunities to attack the virus. This will give her more graft-vs-host symptoms.
- Anti-viral medications (including Gancyclovir).
- “Aggressive” IV fluids to flush her bladder and urethra. This has caused a lot of swelling in her feet and ankles.
- Lasix to make her pee it out.
- Morphine for the pain when she pees.
Yesterday, she seemed to have passed a lot of water, and her urine was yellow instead of orange. I take this as a sign that she’s improving.